Colorado European Union Center of Excellence
The Colorado European Union Center of Excellence (CEUCE) promotes understanding of the European Union (EU) and transatlantic (EU-US) relations through teaching, research and outreach activities at the University of Colorado at Boulder and in the broader Mountain West region. The CEUCE was founded in 2008 with the support of the Delegation of the European Commission to the United States in Washington, DC, and represents one of ten institutions forming the Network of European Union Centers of Excellence in the United States.
Begun in 1998, the aim of the European Commission's Centers of Excellence Program has been to promote people-to-people links across the Atlantic. Now in its second decade, the Program has successfully promoted greater transatlantic understanding between and among numerous constituencies including students, educators, businesspeople, policy practitioners, and the informed public.
Located in the Institute of Behavioral Sciences building on the beautiful campus of the University of Colorado at Boulder, CEUCE aims to expand the reach of the EU Centers Program to the dynamic and growing Mountain West region. On campus, the Center supports the development of new courses and enrichment of existing courses to bring EU and transatlantic topics into the undergraduate and graduate curricula. Offering fellowships, internships, and research grants, CEUCE strives to create opportunities for students outside of the classroom. CEUCE hosts an active slate of activities including visiting speakers, workshops and conferences. In the community, the center engages business people, educators, media professionals and the informed public. In all of these activities its reach extends to partners and constituencies across the Mountain West region.
This is a public program. For more information, please visit the program website.
- Institute of Behavioral Science
- Ketchum Arts & Sciences
- Florida International University and University of Miami
- John Hopkins University- Washington D.C.
- University of California - Berkeley
- University of Illinios
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Washington- Seattle
- University of Wisconsin- Madison
- Bio-Frontiers Institute
- Center for Education in Law and Democracy
- Center for the Study of Europe and the World (based out of the University of Denver's Josef Korbel School of International Studies)
- Colorado Council for Economic Education
- Denver World Affairs Council
- Highland City Club
- The Office of International Education
- The WILD Foundation
- Western Union
- World Trade Center Denver
Arts & Sciences, College of
- Political Science, Department of
Felicia Naranjo Martinez
CEUCE, Europe, European, European Union, international relations, study abroad, grant, EU, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Colorado European Union Center of Excellence, Greece, transatlantic, policy